Friday, January 24, 2014

The Pixie

Can I tell you why I love the Pixie pant? 


I mean love. Literally, I have to force myself to wear other pants so that my co-workers don't think I have a laundry problem.

(Mind you I am a towering height of five feet, zero inches tall). short or tall, this is a pant you should have in your wardrobe and here is why:

Those of you who know me know I worked at J.Crew Factory for a little while so I am definitely  proponent of J.Crew-ness all together... sorry if that gets repetitive. You can and SHOULD buy these pants at J.Crew or J.Crew Factory in most sizes- and my favorite little fact is they come in Short! They come in navy, black and with or without leather detailing prices ranging from 80 (on sale at the Factory) to 160 (at regular J.Crew with leather). If you are below 5'3 you understand that you can rarely find a pair of pants that you can wear off the rack without getting them hemmed... that stops with this pant.

The Pixie has this great little feature called the seamless roll. Ok now you are thinking, what is the seamless roll?? I totally made it up. Basically, when you roll them under, if you make sure to tuck them well, you can't tell AT ALL that they are rolled. I do it everyday. I also find if you roll them up into cuff's it adds a little more personality. You're choice, put them on in the morning and just let the rolling fit your mood for the day!

Next reason is, this makes them amazingly versatile. You can wear them shorter in the summer with a great flat (or if you're like me and refuse to obey the winter rules, as a former Miami dweller, flats in the winter too). Or you can opt wear them longer with a great bootie, pointy heel, peep toe, or a riding boot. The possibilities are endless.

Ok so next reason I love the Pixie, is the extreme comfort and day to night versatility. If you know me you know I work in a law firm by day, am a tutor, a student, and an Auntie by night..... so I wear a lot of hats. In order to wear all of those hats well,  and not make multiple trips back home for outfit changes, I need a pair of pants that will be able to work in all of those scenarios. (minus the gym... I haven't tried working out in these..... maybe I will and then letcha know) These pants are unbelievably comfortable but have tons of structure. Now girls, I know the legging look is comfy, but I promise you, this is the way to go. Leggings are great to sleep in, or maybe under a BIG (behind covering) sweater, but not for the everyday. The bending over and having see through pants is not something we want to be told is happening to our wardrobes. The Pixie feels like a legging, but way more secure. Simply said, there is definitely more structure for those areas ... that you... well... want more structure for; not to mention the adorable little zipper up the back of the pant.

Ok so the price.... can be pricey. However, because J.Crew and the Factory sells this pant your options expand a bit. I know there is some controversy between whether or not the Factory is "cheap" or "not as good quality" but all I have to say is.... my pants are great and they are from the Factory! (note: if you look for them at the factory they are called the Gigi- but they are the same pant!) They are so worth it. It's easy to spend a lot of money on cheap pants so you have options, but with the Pixie I promise you will :)


                                                         

Ok girls, your turn, this pair is waiting for you :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment